Peer-reviewed scientific articles are at the heart of BioTechniques and the reason scientists turn to us when seeking methods papers with practical applications to advance their research.
- Reviews – Surveys of methodologies related to broad fields of life science research, providing a balanced and comprehensive evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the relevant technical approaches.
- Reports – Research articles describing novel methodological advances of substantive value to life science researchers, such as new techniques, materials, and protocols.
- Benchmarks – Short communications offering concise new methods or brief substantive modifications to existing methods that demonstrate significant improvements in results or substantial time, labor, or cost savings.
Select Topics Covered by Percentage of Issues
- PCR/Cloning: 55% of issues
- Protein Analysis/Expression: 55% of issues
- Molecular Biology: 78% of issues
- DNA Sequencing: 55% of issues
- Cell Biology: 34% of issues
- Cell Culture: 45% of issues
- Genomics: 34% of issues
- Other Topics: 78% of issues
95% of subscribers rate the quality and usefulness of peer-reviewed content as good or better.