- From the Editor – Our editors’ point of view on the latest controversy and news in the scientific community.
- BioSpotlight – Summarizes high-caliber, peer-review papers published in BioTechniques to highlight the most important articles in the current issue.
- Citations – Similar to BioSpotlight, Citations highlight exceptional peer-reviewed articles published in other (bold) journals that carry particular interest to BioTechniques readers.
- Scientist Profile – Interviews with prominent scientists whose work is of interest to BioTechniques’ readers, providing insights into the character and motivation that drives successful scientists.
- Tech News – Our most popular feature, Tech News brings the latest in methods, techniques, and technology development to readers in a feature article format. Each month our writers speak with leaders in fields ranging from genomics and proteomics to microbiology and microfluidics to report on those emerging technology trends driving research forward.
- Troubleshooting Forum – Focuses on Q&A discussions from the scientific community adapted from postings at the online BioTechniques Molecular Biology Techniques Forums. Questions reflect current problems
encountered by researchers in the lab, and the answers are provided by experienced peers.