Download the BioTechniques Technical Specifications for Print Ads.
- advertiser name, file name, and location
- site address: ftp.informahelpdesk.com
- user name: biotechftp Password: D@ta
CD: Please label CD with name of advertiser, month the ad will run, contact information, name of advertisement, and file name.
Please mail CD to: Production Department – BioTechniques, c/o Informa Healthcare, 52 Vanderbilt Ave, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017 Tel: 212.520.2714, Fax: 646.666.9870
Proofs: A contract digital proof is defined as a proof with output at 2400 dpi and contains print from a true halftone dot. Publisher is not responsible for color quality without acceptable contract digital proof. Please send contract proof to: Production Department – BioTechniques c/o Informa Healthcare, 52 Vanderbilt Ave, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017 Tel: 212.520.2714, Fax: 646.666.9858
NEWSLETTERS AND ALERTS
- all newsletters are single-sponsorship
- materials due 1 week prior to launch
- Animated gifs are not supported by Outlook 2007, 2010 or Windows Mobile 7.
- animated ads can be accepted but advertisers should be aware of the limitations of showing animated ads in the Outlook email program
- text portion of ads can include basic formatting and unlimited links.
Special Notice: BioTechniques newsletters are being revised in April of 2014 to increase their usefulness to subscribers and to enhance advertising results and options. Please make sure you refer to the appropriate section below for newsletters scheduled through April 6th and beginning on April 7.
FOR NEWSLETTERS DISTRIBUTED THROUGH APRIL 6, 2014: Please click here.
FOR NEWSLETTERS DISTRIBUTED BEGINNING APRIL 7, 2014:
- Newsletters will now appear in a single-column design that will alternate advertising content with editorial content
- Most ad spots now offer a combination of images and text, ensuring your ads will be seen by those not downloading images or viewing text-only newsletter versions
- Newsletter will continue to feature a 728×90 pixel top leaderboard image-only ad and then contain a specific number of additional ad spots based on the type of newsletter
- Advertisers can choose any combination of the ad options below to equal the number of ad placements for the sponsored newsletter
- Label ad materials in the order you would like them to appear in the newsletter starting with the top leaderboard image ad of 728×90 px as #1
- Daily Newsletters: Published Weekdays (Monday through Friday)
- Tech Newsletters: Published every Wednesday
- Weekly Newsletters: Published every Thursday
- E-Table of Contents Alerts: Published the 2nd Monday of every month
- Custom Topic Tech Newsletters: Published the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Monday of every month
Newsletter Ad Options
Included in the Top Leaderboard Section of All Newsletters:
- 728 x 90 Image-only Ad
Then, choose any combination from options #1 through #4
- Daily: 2 additional spots
- ETOC: 3 additional spots
- Weekly: 4 additional spots
- Tech: 4 additional spots
650 x 80 image-only
120 x 90 or 90 x 90 image/logo, plus 40 words of text
300 x 50 image/logo, plus 25 words of text
468 x 60 image/logo, plus 15 words of text
ONLINE BANNER ADS
- All creatives must click through to another page and open in a new window
- All creatives must have a border
- No expandable banners
- All flash (.swf) creatives must have clickTAG in place of the the click though URL [see below]
- All flash (.swf) creatives must have backup image (.jpg or .gif) files
- No extensive blinking or flashing elements
- No ad can spawn or pop from another ad unit
- No geotargeting or frequency capping through creatives
- No automatic downloads or executable files
Online Banner Ad Sizes
|Top Leaderboard – TLB||728||90|
|Bottom Leaderboard – BLB||728||90|
|Button – B||120||90|
|MPU – MPU||300||250|
|Right Top Skyscraper – RTS||120||600|
|Left Top Skyscraper – LTS||120||600|
|Right Bottom Skyscraper – RBS||120||600|
|Left Bottom Skyscraper – LBS||120||240|
- gif or jpg: max file size: 40 KB
- Initial Flash File Size: 40 KB
- Looping Limit/Maximum Total Animation Length: 3 loops/15 Seconds Total
- Initial Max File Size: 40kb
- Additional Max File Size: 1000kb
- Audio: Must be initiated by user click. Ads must have prominently displayed audio controls (mute/unmute). Ads must be encoded at a maximum volume of -12db.
- Video: Can contain auto-start video. Ads must have prominently displayed video controls (play/pause). Looping limit of 3 loops per video for a total duration of 30 seconds.
Instructions for Flash Creatives
To ensure proper design and click tracking on your flash creatives, please visit our Instructions for Flash Creatives page. BioTechniques can not ensure your ad will work or click through properly if you do not export your files according to these specifications.
ONLINE POSTER HALL
Color mode: RGB
Resolution: 300 DPI or higher
Format: PDF, TIFF or EPS
Fonts must be embedded or converted to outlines
Size: 14.5″ x 10.125″
- 200 word abstract submitted in MS Word or similar
- 1 category selection of your choice
SPONSORED AUDIO AND VIDEO (Highest Possible Quality Required)
Sponsored Video of the Week Text Requirements:
Please provide a 6 word title and a 25 word description in addition to your video file
|MP3||.mp3||MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format required|
|MPG||.mpg||MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format required|
|MP4||.mp4||Acceptable video format|
|Apple QuickTime||.mov||Acceptable video format|
|Microsoft Audio/Video Interlaced||.avi||Acceptable video format|
- video file
- video title
- 1-2 sentence description of the video
If submitting video, the following specifications are a guideline for authors/contributors
- Frame rate: 15 frames per second minimum
- NTSC (4:3) size and frame rate, de-interlaced
- Video Codec: MPEG2 or MPEG4 (MPEG4 preferred)
- Video Bit rate: at least 260 kbps (750 kbps preferred)
- Resolution: 492×276 recommended
- Time: no more than 5 minutes
If the software used for the creation of your video cannot deliver one of the above formats, then please save them in one of the accepted formats. Any alternative format supplied may be subject to conversion (if technically possible) prior to online publication.
High Resolution Client Logo (300 dpi) – .eps file preferred
Please contact your sales rep for details.
THIRD PARTY SURVEYS
Please contact your sales rep for details.
General Guidelines for Submitting Survey Questions
- Materials due 1-week prior to launch date.
- Up to 10 Questions
- Indicate if more than 1 answer choice is allowed
- Distribution date
- Seed addresses
- Name, email address, and phone number of contact authorized to approve distribution